- Dr. Haruko Obokata (Unit Leader, Riken CDB), who had completed master’s and doctoral programs in our department (the Tsuneda Lab.) in our department, has discovered a revolutionarily novel method to generate pluripotent cells.
- Toshinori Fujie (Takeoka lab) developed ultra-thin “carpet” for local cell delivery system in the collaboration with Tohoku University and Harvard University
- Toshinori Fujie (Takeoka lab) received “Japanese and Korean Biomaterials Societies Young Scientist Exchange Program Award (2013)” and “Best Presentation Award” at the 35th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society for Biomaterials.
- Yutaro Nakamura (M2, Takeda laboratory) wins the Prize for Excellent Poster Presentation at the 3rd CSJ Chemistry Festa 2013.
Hitomi Oku (M1, Takeda laboratory) wins the Best Award for her presentation at Bio4Apps 2013.
- Hitomi Oku (M1 student, Takeda lab) was awarded "Bio4Apps 2013 Best Award" in "International Conference on BioSensors, BioElectronics, BioMedical Devices, BioMEMS/NEMS and Applications 2013 & 5th Sensing Biology Symposium".
- Lecturer: Prof. Ernst-Ludwig Winnacker, Secretary General, Human Frontier Science Program Organization (HFSPO)
Title: "Funding the Frontiers"
Date & time: October 4th (Fri), 10:30-11:10 (lecture), 11:10-12:10 (round-table discussion)
Location: Seminar Room 3, 3rd Floor